The Ambassador performs a variety of tasks during the funeral and memorialization process and assists Funeral Directors and other location staff to ensure services run smoothly and that the expectations of our client families and their guests are exceeded.
• Greets and directs client families and their guests to the correct chapel in which services are being held.
• Directs visitors to guest book and distributes memorialization materials as needed.
• Answers questions and assists with serving the needs of the client families, their guests, and
other visitors during the visitation and memorialization event.
• Receives and places flowers in chapels.
• Ensures refreshments are available to client families and their guests.
• Ensures that public spaces such as lobby, chapels, restrooms and reception/rest areas are clean and prepared prior to, and at the conclusion of, scheduled services.
• Oversees parking area and ensures family and ceremonial vehicles are arranged for formal procession.
• Assists with directing and/or transporting families and service attendees to and from service locations outside of the funeral home.
• Drives the hearse, family limousine or other vehicles in the funeral cortege
• Actively serves as an ambassador of the business in the community to build trust and loyalty.
• Represents the business in a professional, honest and ethical manner at all times.
• Maintains a professional personal appearance and demeanor while performing duties or representing the business.
• Other duties as assigned.
• The duties associated with this position are generally performed in an indoor office setting; however, some duties may be performed outdoors.
• Outdoor duties may require exposure to natural elements such as inclement weather, extreme temperatures, uneven ground, dust, gas, and/or fumes.
• Equipment used to perform the essential function of this position includes, but is not limited to; computer, fax, copier, multi-line phone system, AV system, coffeemaker, vacuum, casket carts/church trucks, personal or company owned vehicle.
• Employees in this role are regularly required to climb, sit, stand, bend, kneel, and frequently lift up to 25 pounds.
• Performance of this position’s duties may also require reaching, pushing, and pulling.
This is a part-time position