Moore-Blanchard Funerals & Cremations was founded by D.F. Moore, Donald Lee
Moore and C.S. Osborne in 1930, making it the oldest established funeral home
in Transylvania County. It was first
located in a house on the corner of Gaston and Jordan Streets, across from
First Baptist Church. Donald Lee Moore became a licensed embalmer for the
business in 1933 and eventually became the sole owner of the funeral home.
Chester Kilpatrick became a partner in 1959, changing the name to
Moore-Kilpatrick Funeral Home until 1964 when Kilpatrick left the business and
the name reverted back to Moore Funeral Home.
In 1976, Donald Lee Moore, who was also an accomplished
musician and composer, decided to retire and sold the funeral home to John and
Barbara Monteith who owned and operated the funeral home until retirement in
Today, Moore-Blanchard Funerals & Cremations continues
to proudly serve the families of Transylvania and surrounding counties offering
the highest quality in funeral products at affordable prices as well as the
care and compassion that our customers have received for generations.
Moore-Blanchard Funerals & Cremations, with over 80
years of tradition, is still celebrating one life at a time.